Dental care treatment is becoming an absolute need for millions of men and women worldwide. Regardless of improvements in dental care and health, people have problems with gum disease and tooth decay. A few years ago, bridges and fixing dentures were two main options for treating people with broken, missing teeth or in situations where teeth need to be surgically removed.
In modern day, dental care includes oral implants that are a replacement for teeth. An implant can support a number of the artificial tooth; the implant is a screw made of titanium that is set into the jawbone instead of a tooth root when it fails. They give a strong support or base which removable or permanent teeth can be fixed to match the present natural teeth
Benefits of dental implants:
1. Greater comfort – dental care implants can help avoid the distress of fixing and getting rid of dentures.
2. Ease of chewing and consuming food – dentures don’t usually fit 100% they become less fitted and the chances of moving out while chewing food are high. With dental implants, this issue is eliminated.
3. Better dental health – dental implants don’t require other teeth to be changed or altered thus making certain more natural tooth are remaining unharmed whereby enhancing oral health and care in the long-term.
4. Improvement in appearance – since dental implants are so designed that they blend with the jawbone. They become permanent and feel just like natural teeth.
5. Improvement in speech – unlike slurring or mumbling sometimes brought on by dentures, implants don’t slip ensuring a better speech.
6. More assurance and self-confidence – a good smile brings back self-confidence.
7. Convenience – dentures need to be removed and cleaned out every day; with oral implants, this isn’t necessary whatsoever.
8. Durability – oral plates can last long with proper care and regular dental care check-up.
Most dental implants can be properly done in the dental clinic under local anesthesia. A more complicated treatment may require hospitalization and intravenous sedation. Every dental implant procedure differs because it includes the patient’s choice and the experience of the oral surgeon.